Kyle Busch Brother: Winner Of The 2004 NASCAR Cup Series

May 2024 · 3 minute read

Kyle Busch brother, Kurt Busch, is the 2004 Cup Series champion and the 2017 Daytona 500 winner. He is a semi-retired American professional auto racing driver.

Kurt last competed full-time in the NASCAR Cup Series in 2022, driving Toyota Camry TRD with the number 45 for 23XI Racing.

Kyle Busch brother has earned a name for himself in the Cup Series. However, Kurt was a champion even before Kyle was a winner.

Kurt won the first of the playoff era 2004 title. He has 33 career victories, including at least one in each of the last eight Racing seasons. Like his younger brother Kyle, Kurt is also on a nine-year playoff streak, trailing only Kevin Harvick.

Kurt has been mistaken for Kyle In the last few weeks. Firstly, at the end of August, it was announced that Kurt was set to join 23XI Racing with their second driver Bubba Wallace for the 2022 season.

However, ESPN said Kyle was set to join the Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin-owned team.

After a couple of weeks of this incident, similar to what is done yearly for the Indy 500, streets surrounding the race track were given honorary driver names to reference the inaugural Cup Series race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway roads circuit in mid-August.

During the race event, when the street signs were no more required, they sent “KYLE BUSCH ST” to Chip Ganassi Racing.

It just so happens that Kurt races for Chip Ganassi Racing, and it is actually Kurt who competes for Chip Ganassi Racing.

What happened in Daytona 500?

Kyle Busch was extremely dissatisfied with the way the Daytona 500 finished on Sunday.

The Daytona 500 on Sunday was the longest race ever, lasting a record 212 laps. Due to events down the stretch that resulted in cautions, the race needed two overtimes.

After Daniel Suarez’s car started spinning and the race was put under caution, at that moment, Kyle was in the leading position with three laps left.

Busch said on the radio that since there was no overtime in 1998, he would have been considered the winner. It referred to Dale Earnhardt’s one Daytona 500 victory.

Busch finished 19th after getting involved in an accident during the second overtime period instead of taking home the victory as he would have 25 years earlier.

After the race, Kurl said, “I think this is the first time I led lap 200, so I wish it was 1998 rules. But, no, it’s just par for the course, just used to it and come down here every year to just find out when and where I’m going to crash and what lap I come out of the care center,”

He also asked who won because he needed to find out who lucked into it. However, when he told that Ricly Stenhouse Jr. won the race, Kyle said, “there you have it.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC32KWcZpqlqLCpecGrpq2glad8