What Does Greg Oden Do Now And Why Did He Stop Playing Basketball? Update In 2022

May 2024 · 3 minute read

Greg Oden went back to college to get his degree, then became the team manager and aided in player development.

Greg Oden was forced to leave the basketball team after suffering a severe injury. Even though he is unable to play, he remains involved in sports by assisting college students with player development.

He is currently residing in Ohio State with his family and is leading a happy life.

Greg oden didn’t deserve those injuries

— Chet Ubetcha (@labubbakeith) December 27, 2021

What Does Greg Oden Do Now?

Greg Oden will return to the Buckeyes' training team this season as a graduate assistant, as per the sources.

He moved to Ohio State to finish his education. Greg returned to college to earn his degree.

He became the basketball team's student manager and assisted with player development.

He was married to Sabrina Oden in 2017; they have a child together. They are now living together happily.

“I saw my daughter walk down the stairs with my wife and it put a big smile on my face. That’s my perspective. All this stuff is just extra.”

- Greg Oden, on his journey back to basketball, and Indianapolis, courtesy of @thebig3. Story by @rgeneraljr:https://t.co/kk7K09oduW

— Gregg Doyel (@GreggDoyelStar) June 24, 2019

Why Did Greg Oden Stop Playing Basketball? What Happened To Him? 

The team announced in 2009 that Oden would undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee, which would end his 2010–11 season.

His third NBA season had been cut short due to a knee injury.

The source reported in 2011 that Oden had experienced an undisclosed setback, lowering their expectations for his ability to participate in the 2011–2012 season.

Oden had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in 2012. Oden was slated for an operation on his left knee in 2012, which was comparable to the procedure he had 17 days prior.

However, more damage to the articular cartilage was discovered during the operation, and he underwent his third micro-fracture surgery.

NBA Careers RUINED by Injury - Greg Oden's Endless Misfortune https://t.co/ooturAV6YJ via @YouTube

— LuminousBeingsNYC (@nuyorican_21) December 17, 2021

Greg Oden Net Worth 2022

Grеg has an estimated net worth of $18 million as of December 2021. He is a former professional basketball player from the United States.

When he was an active team member, Alary earned around $4,662,000. 

Due to his stunning реrfоrmаnсе and gаming stуlе, аnd his true еffоrt lеаdеd him tоwаrd thе wау оf thе success.

Greg reportedly bought $800,000 for a property in Dublin, Ohio. There are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and one half-bathroom in the 5,300-square-foot home.

Even if he retires from basketball, he must have a comfortable existence.

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGiuoZmkYrGwsdJmnqudl2K8pbHNZpuoZZ6kxG6tzZ1ksKCpYrGqsIyhnGarpKS9brzLmrCippdir6K%2Fyp6rm5mcoQ%3D%3D