Martha Stewart Reveals The Breakup Reason With Anthony Hopkins| Married Life With Ex-husband Andrew

May 2024 ยท 4 minute read

The famous author, Martha Stewart has shared that she used to date Anthony Hopkins. The confession came from the author herself when she appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Thursday. Matha shared how she saw Anthony in a different light when he played as cannibal Hannibal Lecter in the 1991 film The Silence of the Lambs.

Martha Stewart explained, "I dated Sir Anthony Hopkins but broke up with him because I couldn't stop thinking of him as Hannibal Lecter. I have a big, scary house in Maine that's way by itself on 100 acres in a forest, and I couldn't even imagine taking Anthony Hopkins there. I couldn't because all I could think of was him eating, you know."

Martha's confession shocked many of her fans and her reason for their split was quite relateable as Hopkin really portrayed the most frightening film performances of all time as Hannibal Lecter. He even won an Oscar for his performance but it cost him a romantic chance with Martha Stewart.

Martha Stewart Married Life With Ex-husband Andrew Stewart

Martha Stewart Koystra met Andrew Stewart when she was a professional model and studying European history and architectural history at Barnard College. Her ex-husband Andrew was studying law at Yale and they met on a blind date. Martha had told that they fell in love on their first date. The former couple tied the knot in July of 1961. The former couple lasted as a married couple for 29 years and shared one child together. They ended their marriage in 1990 and ever since, Martha has remained single forever.

The former couple welcomed their only child in 1965 and named her Alexis Stewart. She raised her beautiful daughter in New York City and according to her 2011 book, she wrote, "I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head." Alexis further said in new York magazine how she was very cynical and negative and has a different attitude than her mother's."

Martha's daughter, Alexis also revealed how she hated holidays and even pretended to not be home turning off all the lights during Halloween. Moreover, Martha ditched her husband, Andrew on their honeymoon night and went off with a new friend they had met as written by Jerry Oppenheimer in Just Desserts. He added how their marriage was far less idyllic than their glossy magazine photographs and he wrote, "There were times when there was utter and complete tension and long hostility filled silences between them that you cut with a knife."

The former couple was not faithful to each other which led them to their divorce. Their only child, Alexis was not happy with their divorce and didn't speak to her parents. Apparently, she grew closer to her mother than her father which Andy quite regrets and he had shared how it was hard for him saying, "It's a source of tremendous pain for me. I think of her every single day, many times."

Martha's ex-husband Andrew Stewart was a law graduate from Yale University but he worked as a lawyer for a few years only. As per some reports, he worked as a corporate lawyer at the Times Mirror Corporation when Martha was starting her Martha Stewart Inc. Later, Andrew moved to the publishing company and became the president of a Harry N. Abrams Inc, the publishing company known as Abrams Book. Andrew then moved on to establish his own publishing house called Stewart, Tabori & Chang.

Recently, Martha Stewart has confirmed her secret boyfriend when she appeared on Watch What Happens Live. She kept her lips zipped when asked about her romance but she did talk about her date with the late Larry King. 

Martha Stewart is also best friend with Snoop Dogg and they have worked together like in the show, Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party, and Martha had written forward for Snoop's cookbook. They have also appeared on shows like The Late Show and played the Best Friends Challenge and co-starred on the Halloween baking show, Snoop and Martha's Very Tasty Halloween.

Net Worth Of Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart has an estimated net worth of $400 million as an American business mogul and author. She is one of the self-made female billionaires having her hands in print publications, syndicated television shows, branded products, or other means. Her umbrella company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia was described as an explosive IPO that made her hold the title of the first female billionaire. She became the chairwoman of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia with her business partner Sharon Patrick as COO. 

Some of her books are Martha Stewart's Quick Cook, Martha Stewart's Hors D'oeuvres, Martha Stewart's Pies & Tarts, Weddings, The Wedding Planner. Martha Stewart's Secrets for Entertaining and more. She has also a magazine under her name Martha Stewart Living and served as editor in chief and a show based on that magazine was also aired in 1993-2004.

ncG1vNJzZmifnJa6sMHRm6CzZpOkunCvxKWcm6qZqbamv46mmKusmJZ6tMDEsJirrF2Ztre70ZycZp2oYrW2v8GapZ1lnprBbsPOq6uh