Louise Harrison Cause Of Death Georges Sister Died At 91

May 2024 · 2 minute read

Louise Harrison’s cause of death was not revealed by his family. 

Louise, who was 91 years old, passed away in a Florida nursing home where she was receiving hospice care. 

Louise Harrison was instrumental in helping her younger brother George and The Beatles break into the American music scene.

She also handpicked the members of the tribute band Liverpool Legends. She was a woman who had a big heart and always put others before herself.

Harrison was a resident of the Midwest in her early life and moved to Illinois with her first husband in the 1950s. She later relocated to California and then to Branson, Missouri.

In the early 1960s, Harrison played a crucial role in promoting The Beatles, and she wrote to radio and TV stations to help the band gain recognition in the US music industry. 

Her efforts resulted in the band’s song “From Me To You” being played on an Illinois radio station, one of the first instances of The Beatles being broadcast in the US. 

Harrison later managed the Liverpool Legends tribute group and published an autobiography, “My Kid Brother’s Band, a.k.a. The Beatles!” in 2014. 

Her brother George passed away in 2001 after a battle with cancer. George had provided her with a monthly allowance of $2,000 since 1980, but his wife Olivia and son Dhani cut her off after his death. His net worth was over $400 million at the time of his death.

Marty Scott, a musician and member of the Liverpool Legends tribute band, was the first to announce Louise’s passing on Facebook. 

“Since I met her, my life was changed forever,” Scott wrote. “It was just a few weeks after George passed, and it started a whirlwind of change in my entire world.”

“We spent so much time together and traveled to so many places. She was a huge part of my life and did so many things for Liverpool Legends and me.”

“Rest in Peace and your memory will always live on with all of us.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC4zq6grJ1dna6zvsispqdlk5bCtLGMqJ1mnJWWwal7